It’s illegal to sell a knife to anyone under 18, unless it has a folding blade 3 inches long (7.62 cm) or less. This applies online as much as it does in a retail store, so websites offering knives must conduct rigorous age checks at the point of sale.
- Explaining Age Verification on BBC Radio Leicester
- Mastercard Specialty Merchant Requirements drive Age Verification
- The future of standards in age verification
- UK government faces further legal action on age checks for online pornography
- DCMS Digital Identity & Attributes Trust Framework and age verification.