VerifyMyAge was founded out of the frustration of a lack of fit-for-purpose age verification solutions available to online businesses. Prior to VerifyMyAge, age verification was expensive, complex and inefficient.
Age Restricted Products
Age-restricted products are goods and services for which there is a minimum legal age to buy. Trading Standards has a duty to enforce the law relating to a number of age restricted products. It is the responsibility of retailers to ensure they do not sell age-restricted products online to people who are under the minimum legal age.
Quality is paramount to our business. We value and understand our customers’ requirements. We strive to provide a product which meets and even exceeds their expectations. We are committed to continuous, data driven decisions and improvements, and have established a quality management system which provides a framework for measuring and improving our business & product performance.
We are committed to our customers’ and their end-users’ anonymity. We will not sell sensitive personal or business information to third-parties, or store sensitive personal or business information that is required for purposes other than age-verification. All data is securely stored in a way which complies with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
We review the requirements, prior to our commitment to supply. This review ensures:
- Product requirements are defined and met.
- Contractual or order requirements, differing from those previously expressed, are resolved.
- We have the ability to meet the defined requirements, and/or the claims for the products and services it offers.
- Risks have been identified and considered.
Management & Leadership
We’re committed to the development and implementation of our management system and continually improving its effectiveness by:
- Taking accountability for the effectiveness of our management system.
- Ensuring the quality policy and its quality objectives are established for our management system and are compatible with the strategic direction and the context of the organisation.
- Ensuring the quality policy is communicated, understood and applied within our organisation.
- Ensuring the integration of our management system requirements into the organisation’s other business processes, as appropriate.
- Promoting awareness of the process based approach.
- Ensuring the resources needed for our management system are available.
- Communicating the importance of effective quality management and of conforming to our management system requirements.
- Ensuring our management system achieves its intended results.
- Engaging, directing and supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness of our management system.
- Promoting continual improvement.
- Supporting other relevant management roles to demonstrate their leadership, as applicable, to their areas of responsibility.