Home Office guidance is that this is not sufficient to comply with UK laws as such superficial checks do not comply with the industry standard (PAS1296) so are unlikely to be deemed reasonable steps to verify age.
- Explaining Age Verification on BBC Radio Leicester
- Mastercard Specialty Merchant Requirements drive Age Verification
- The future of standards in age verification
- UK government faces further legal action on age checks for online pornography
- DCMS Digital Identity & Attributes Trust Framework and age verification.