Once a consumer has secured an age check, it will usually not be necessary to repeat it for the original website or app where the check was made, and also for other sites where the same AV provider is used. Subsequent checks can be invisible to the consumer if they are willing to allow their devices to retain an encrypted AV token; and even if they do not do that, future checks will be streamlined as the provider will often be able to confirm they’ve previously passed a check.
- Protected: Responses to the PASS Call for a Proposal
- Enforcement at scale – amending the Online Safety Bill for a level playing field
- Doorsteps – the weakest link in AV
- Press release: Proof of Age Standards Scheme (PASS) launches search for UK-wide smartphone solution.
- euCONSENT and the Better Internet For Kids+ Strategy