A YouGov poll from March 2019 showed that 76% of the British public were unaware of that age verification is being introduced. The regulator, as well as all the main adult sites, had plans to educate users in the run-up to the new law coming into force. Meanwhile consumers are increasingly being age-checked for other online activity and will become more used to it over time.
- Explaining Age Verification on BBC Radio Leicester
- Mastercard Specialty Merchant Requirements drive Age Verification
- The future of standards in age verification
- UK government faces further legal action on age checks for online pornography
- DCMS Digital Identity & Attributes Trust Framework and age verification.