No – the law would be broken however a UK resident accessed an adult site, so those sites would need to detect and block VPNs (as Netflix, BBC iPlayer etc. already do), or implement age-gates globally.
- Explaining Age Verification on BBC Radio Leicester
- Mastercard Specialty Merchant Requirements drive Age Verification
- The future of standards in age verification
- UK government faces further legal action on age checks for online pornography
- DCMS Digital Identity & Attributes Trust Framework and age verification.